Saturday, July 3, 2010

Handmade gifts...Indoor Herb Pots






Handmade gifts are the best type of gifts. Here are instructions for a fairly simple project. I have received herb pots as gifts and they are so nice. I have fresh herbs when ever Im cooking and year round.

Herb Pots
Supplies needed for the Indoor herb pots
4" Terracotta pot
2 c. organic potting soil
18g. stainless steel wire 7"
organic herb seeds ( I chose Basil for this project)
plastic baggie
10 " square material
ribbon
needle nose pliers
sm. 3" envelope
Vitrea paint pen ( bakes on to become permanent)
herb scissors (optional)
1.choose how you will decorate your pot. paint, stencil, etc.or leave it natural they look just as nice without decorating them at all. I used the vitrea paint pen drew a few leaves and wrote the word Herbs on the front.
2.add 2 C. organic soil to a baggie put a rubber band around it.
3. Place the baggie in the center of your material pull the sides up up and tie it with your ribbon.
4.The herb marker. Use your needle nose pliers to twist the wire into a spiral. I made up the BASIL marker on the computer. Printed it on card stock. It fits perfectly into the stainless steel marker. You can see it in the picture.
5. The small envelope i used to put the seeds inside and labeled the front. I also inserted a card in the envelope for growing directions. The pot needs to be placed on a window ledge that receives plenty of sun.
6. You can add any other details you want. Herb scissors, small stones,small garden shovel. I found adorable herb pot markers on Etsy. I added a fused glass stone to mine with the word GROW fused in it.
The end result is so cute.
I actually ended up etching the front of one of my pots.
if you dont feel like crafting and making your own mine are for sale at Glass City Gifts on Etsy.

This completes my first project for my blog. Hope everyone has fun giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...